Advice service for men affected by domestic violence in the Mainz area
20. September 2021
A advise service for male victims of domestic violence has opened its doors in Mainz. It is run by the association Opfer- und Täterhilfe (outh e.V.).
What are the goals of the work?
Counselling in cases of violence in close social relationships, when experiencing physical or psychological violence in the family, marriage or partnership.
Who can come? The offer is aimed at men from the age of 18.
How does the advice service work? What services does it offer?
- Individual counselling for affected persons (and their relatives on request)
- Psychosocial counselling and support in your current life situation
- Individual safety planning
- Information on legal options
- Support with the authorities and offices relevant to you
- Support in finding a safe place to live for a limited period of time Support in your development of new life perspectives and alternative courses of action
- Counselling for professionals in the context of psychosocial care
What are the costs?
The counselling is confidential and free of charge.
The association outh e.V. also runs three other contact points with a variety of help (including anti-aggression training, victim-offender mediation, residential groups) in Mainz, Bad Kreuznach and Worms.